Post-Soviet Georgia

Returning home to the U S o' A, specifically Atlanta, the adventures of our heroine, Wendylu, continue. After chronically her life in post-Soviet Ukraine, we look at life with hubby and babies in that strange land we call suburban America.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Going through the exercises on my Mom's blog has turned into going through the Learning 2.0 23 Things exercises.

As i turn my attention to re-entering the paid work force after 2.5 yrs. caring for Scout and the recently added Eva, i realized how much i needed to update my skill set. i also began to notice a lot of jobs under "Social Marketing," i.e. ones that combine public relations/communications with using the so-called Web 2.0 tools.

i love the irony that my Mom had led me to this! She also introduced me to blogs in 2002, when i started my first one to chronicle Peace Corps service in Ukraine.

So far, i've learned about RSS feeds, updated my understanding of Flickr and played with online image generators and Flickr tools.

The only thing i'll add to the list of 23 things to learn is Twitter.com, which i haven't checked out yet.

i'm really enjoying taking 30-60 min. each day to devote to this, and am surprised how scheduling this somehow helps me feel more focused and productive. sometimes i sort of feel lost in the days spent at home with the wee ones.

Part of the recommendation for this learning is to write it, so i'll follow that exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home